Rule changes at the 2014 AAD saw changes for Branch Equal Opportunity Reps who were originally added to the ASLEF rulebook at the 2004 conference.
Northern Line North branch proposed a rule changes which saw a name change to Branch Equality Reps as well as the introduction of a new rule which, for the first time, gave definition to the role.
The change brought in this clear list of instructions explaining what would be expected of anyone elected:
- Liaise with the branch on Equality Issues.
- Promote and distribute information relating to the equality agenda
- Have regular contact with their District ASLEF Representative Committee members, providing them with feedback from the branch.
- Attend network meetings with other Branch Equality Representatives within their own District.
- Ensure any new policy discussions are ‘Equality Proofed’
- Keep abreast of new equality legislation
- Attend National workshop meetings when required
Both rule changes were adopted by the conference.